Dating someone from a distance who you have never met, or dating someone you have met for more than 6 months is called being in a long distance relationship. You can still go on dates when you are in a long distance relationship. In fact, you can do a lot of the same things a couple in a typical relationship can do with just a little tweaking. Most of these tips require the use of a webcam. Good webcams can be found online for as little as 30 bucks, and they will keep your relationship going.
Top 8 Dates For The Long Distance Relationship
- Board Game Night. There are plenty of sites online that allow two people to simultaneously play games. Monopoly, Scrabble, and Poker are all great games to find online. Award the winner with lots of kisses.
- Coffee Shop Date. Head over to the nearest Starbucks or Panera Bread. Chances are, the restaurants in different regions look similar, so it will seem as though you are in the same room, sharing the same experience. Dress up in coffee shop clothes, such as a black turtleneck and corduroys. Share your favorite poetry or enjoy some jazz tunes.
- Celebrate Birthdays. Bake a dozen cupcakes. Send half to your partner on his or her birthday and keep the rest for yourself. Include frosting in a can or tube instead of frosting the cupcakes so there will be less mess. Also pack a few birthday candles. Ask him to frost the cupcakes and light the candle, then sing Happy Birthday.Eat your cupcakes at the same time.
- Become Parents. Get two identical teddy bears, plants, or fish. You and your partner can treat them like children, and give them names. This is a cute way to connect without too much commitment.
- Watch A Movie. Watching the same movie will give you something to talk about. If it is hard to find a movie that you both like, take turns watching each other's favorites until you find something in common. Chances are, you'll like Star Wars more than you think!
- Have An Art Date. You don't have to be an artist to express your love for each other through art. Draw portraits of each other and share them when you are finished. Use different colors to record emotion and personality. Also experiment with self-portraits, or try to draw the same still-life object and compare how you interpret the same object in a different way.
- Take Him Shopping. When you're trying something on in a dressing room, take a quick shot with your cell phone and send it to your partner. If you are on the borderline with a dress, he can tell you if he thinks you should buy it.
- Have A Sleepover. Nothing feels more near and dear than falling asleep with your loved one. This is a great way to burn out a laptop, however, so be sure it is well ventilated. Try using a program that will shut off your laptop for you after a certain period of time. It is best not to do this every night, however, as the light can keep you from getting a good sleep or might keep you awake.
Maintaining an intimate, loving relationship is possible and can be just as enjoyable as any other. When you really love someone, no distance will keep you apart.