Cock rings in different colors.
It is surprisingly uncommon for men to have sex toys; it might be because it seems more embarrassing for a man to have one than for a woman to have one. They might be more open to using men sex toys if they have a partner to experiment with. Male sex toys are undeniably kinky and can make a sexual experience much more fun.
- Cock rings can be used with a partner or alone. Some are very stretchy and less than an inch in diameter when unstretched. Others are made out of leather or hard plastic. They can help a man sustain a harder erection because they keep blood in the penis. Cock rings also help men last longer during sex because they reduce sensitivity. Many of them vibrate to add more pleasure for both the man and woman during intercourse.
- Penis Sleeve. This is a soft, tubelike toy that a man can use while masturbating for extra sensation. The front is often designed to look like a mouth, anus, or vagina. It is usually better to use with lubricant. Some have ridges or bumps on the inside for a more intense sensation. They can be hard to clean, but rinsing with soapy water will usually get the job done.
- Prostate Massager. Many men do not wish to experience with anal toys, but men sex toys used for the anus can create a lot of pleasure. They allow a man to be penetrated safely. A man will be able to reach his prostate, or "male G-spot" with a toy that is slightly curved.
- Sex Dolls. A sex doll is truly the sex toy for the single man. The cheaper, blow-up versions are most often used as gag gifts and go for about 20 bucks. Some are functional and may be modeled after celebrities. But the more serious, realistic versions can be as much as 1000 dollars. There are also partial dolls that take up less room and can be very realistic, though cheaper than a doll.
These men sex toys are unique and might be hard for your man to get used to if you are trying to help him get into them for the first time. It is best to start off with the simple toys. They should be easy to clean and made out of safe, medical grade materials that will not break down over time. Silicone is the best material for men sex toys and it is easy to clean, without the risk of harvesting bacteria.
It may also be a good idea to pick up a bottle of lubricant and sex toy cleaner to go with the new toys. They should be cleaned properly after use to avoid bacterial infections. Sex toys do not prevent pregnancy or STDs if they are used with a partner and a condom or other birth control method should be used during sexual intercourse. Avoid sharing sex toys and replace them if they are damaged or unable to be cleaned thoroughly.
There are hundreds of different sex toys to choose from in stores and online. For someone who is just starting to use them, it is important to have a positive first experience by selecting an appropriate product. Beginners should focus on discovering what kind of sensations suit them best.
- The Egg. These are also known as bullet vibrators because of their shape. Smooth and round, the vibrating egg fits neatly in the palm of your hand. It is not normally used for insertion. It can be used on the nipples, clit, anus, or any of your erogenous zones. The egg is a staple in any toy box because it is just so versatile. It can be used alone or with a partner. They are normally battery powered and either have one or multiple speeds. Pocket-sized and discreet, they make a great first sex toy.
- The Finger Vibe. These tiny, vibrating toys slip onto the tip of your finger and work best on the clit. They are usually powered by a small button battery. They often have different attachments with various textures such as nubs and ridges. If you love to have clitoral orgasms, or if you're yet to have your first, this is the best way to achieve it.
- The Small Vibrator. When ordering a vibrator online, it can be hard to tell how big it is. If you cannot pick up the vibrator in person, use a ruler to find out just how big the item will be when it arrives. If the size is not listed on the website, you should probably not buy it. It is not unusual for a vibrator to be 3" in diameter- much too large for the average woman. If you are a virgin, go for something that is small and manageable and buy a larger one as you work your way up.
- Lube. Go for a simple, water-based formula. A water-based lube is compatible with any sex toy, though it tends to dry up quickly. Your first personal lube should be clear, and not contain and colors or flavors. Be sure to avoid sugar-based lubes, as these can cause yeast infections.
When buying sex toys for the first time, it is important to understand that more complicated does not always mean more pleasurable. In the beginning, you should avoid rabbits and vibrators that spin or bend. Not only will the more complicated versions be very expensive, but they are much more difficult to use.
Also keep in mind that you will need a safe place to keep all of your personal items. The best place to keep them is in a simple, locked box. Many sex toy shops have them in stock. Both the toys and toy box will need to be cleaned regularly to avoid bacterial buildup. Sex toys should be cleaned before and after each use with warm, soapy water and all soap should be rinsed before use.